Time Check:
Thankyou for visiting my blog.
Do visit my blog space in few days.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

INDIAN PASSPORT FOR MINORS (BANGALORE RPO)

After much delaying for several reasons I finally geared up to bring out my daughters passport. She is minor, infant really (1year 3 months). So I started filling up the passport application form and after that looking at the ANNEXTURE’s. My wife and I both had valid INDIAN passport and we are neither divorced nor separated so that narrows down to 3 forms, which are as follows ANNEXTURE “H”, ANNEXTURE “I” and ANNEXTURE “F”. I believe you have to fill in some extra ANNEXTURE forms for divorced or separated parents.
ANNEXTURE “H” anyways you have to fill in a plain paper and signed by both the parents so not much hassle. Now we are left with ANNEXTURE “I” and ANNEXTURE “F”.

DAY 1:
It was almost 3:10 PM, so I thought of paying a visit to Passport office once, and I had a feeling the work will not be done. Anyways I went down to RPO office, Koramangala. I reached there by 4:00 PM and it was all empty so I figured out its closed for the day. I asked the security guard there of the timings and he told me it’s from 9 AM till 12 AM only. So who ever get inside the office before 12 AM their work will be proceeded after 12 AM but no new entry after 12 AM. I suggest if you are all prepared with all your documents it’s better to go early. I asked him if ANNEXTURE “I” and ANNEXTURE “F” is required and he said “yes” and told me I have to go the court and there you will get NOTARY OFFICERS who can give affidavits for those forms. So I went to Mayo Hall near BANGALORE CENTRAL mall. You will always find lawyers there ready to greet you. I went along with the lawyer who was standing right at the gate and I told him I want affidavit for ANNEXTURE “I” and ANNEXTURE “F”. He said he can only help me with ANNEXTURE “F” for which he will charge 300 bucks, which I feel was high but I did not bargain. After some time he came back again and told me that he knows a guy who can help me with ANNEXTURE “I”. I said fine. He took me to another lawyer and he immediately was asking like give me all this details etc. I asked him how much and he very casually said 4000 bucks. I was totally pissed off and I did not even argue with him and said no and came back. Anyways I came back home and I was thinking from where I will get this done and I started browsing the net to see if ANNEXTURE “I” and ANNEXTURE “F” are mandatory for minor and browsed to one of the blog. There it was mention that ANNEXTURE “I” and ANNEXTURE “F” are not required.

DAY 2:
I directly went to RPO office and reached there at 10:10 AM. For tatkal there is a different line at the back of the office where you have to take a token and go inside the office. It was a very long line. I also came to know there that you can take the token online and you save time by not standing in the line to take the token. The online token is given out for the next day and is valid for one day. I don’t have the token link but you can Google the passport token link and fill in the information and take a print out copy of it and go directly to RPO the next day.
Once you enter inside the RPO office and go to the room, there is a line next to the door for document verification. We did not know about that and were waiting for our token number to be called. Anyways it’s good that we realized in time and validated our document. After that you wait for your token number and submit your form and then go to first floor, meet the Assistant Regional Manager and then go to counter number 8 in first floor itself to pay the money. I was charged Rs 2100 as fee for tatkal (all inclusive).

Few other important pointers:1. Carry 2 copies of each of the document that you are attaching like address proof etc along with the originals. Don’t forget to carry the original document.
2. If you are providing the rental agreement or gas connection or phone bill then make sure you have got the latest bill or current year’s rental agreement. I am not very sure if they honor the rental agreement. It’s better to carry Voter ID card or PAN card if the address is same as the present address.
3. If the passport is for minor then bring your baby along with you. If the baby is too small they might consider else they might ask to bring the baby.
4. It’s always helpful to carry all documents (address proof’s etc) just in case they don’t accept the other. Go prepared with documents if you don’t want to revisit again.
5. Carry a pen with you, very important.
6. For minor since there is no police verification is required (if both the parents have a valid INDIAN passport) the last 2 pages of the form (where you furnish the information in duplicate) is also not required but it’s better to fill in and go.
7. So in my case only one picture of my daughter was needed along with ANNEXTURE “H”, Xerox copy of both the parent’s passport and the address proof for which I have produced my voter ID card.
8. You are not asked for the proof of urgency for tatkal, but if you do have some sort of proof like an email from office etc, it’s better to carry just in case.
9. For minor, ANNEXTURE "I" and ANNEXTURE "F" are not required.

The service in RPO is prompt so if you have all the documents, you should be out of RPO office in half a day. Hope this article will help you with your kid’s passport. All the best. Cheers.



PS: Please look at the comments section, as lot of useful tips has been posted.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

My Experience for Minors Passport.

On first page in the box , minor if is able to sign can sign on first page / Or if cannot sign put Right Thumb impression for female and Left impression for female. On first page parents should not sign.

On third page column 19 , the minor should sign or put appropriate (For male left/ For female right) thumb impression whichever selected for first page and both parents should also sign there.

Even two copies of PP form where minor should sign or put appropriate (For male left/ For female right) thumb impression whichever selected for first page and both parents should also sign there

Take two self attested copies of the following .
Birth certificate is compulsory, If child is going to school then bonafide certificate from school,
Passport copies of parents and if address is same as in parents passport no additional address proof required.
Take original of above for verification.


Two copies of Annexure H on plain paper signed by both parents.

2/02/2011 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger mahboob said...

thanks @mm for sharing your experience. I am sure it will be helpful.

2/16/2011 01:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is an old post, but are you sure the lawyer said Rs. 300 for Annexure 'F' at Mayo Hall. From what I gather Annexure 'F' is a big deal, basically a character verification certificate issued by a higher govt. official ( a magistrate for ex. in case of courts). I am in the process of acquiring this elusive document for my wife who does not have an address proof and if what you say is right this will make it real easy. Could you confirm?
-Rohit

5/05/2011 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger mahboob said...

Hi Rohit,

Yes the lawyer did ask for Rs 300 for annexure 'F' although I must stress on the fact that I went there for my daughter and she was less than 2 years back then, so for adults it could be different. Just out of curiosity, how much are they asking !!

~Mahboob

5/05/2011 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mahboob. I will be going to Mayo tomorrow, so just wanted to check with someone before making the trip all the way. Will let you know what I find out. I was running out of options for address proof, so willing to try any lead that I can find ;-).

~Rohit

5/05/2011 05:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went Mayo Hall, Annexure F was a no go at the court, magistrates will not sign. Some of the brokers were willing to get it done for Rs. 6000 to Rs. 9000. Their reasoning, it will be a high profile govt official, IAS/IPS, so the prices will be high. So I came back dejected.

5/06/2011 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger mahboob said...

sorry to hear that Rohit...6k is simply outrageous.. Why dont you apply for Voters ID card !!.That will serve as ID proof, Address proof and if you have that you dont require any other doc.

5/10/2011 11:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Was finally able to submit my wife's passport yesterday. The trick, added my wife as a joint account holder to my nationalized bank account and took a year's statement as address proof. This was again a pain at the bank, needed multiple trips and they finally got it right on the third attempt, at least they were co-operative. Had a slight problem with the governing officer at the passport office (last step). They were insisting on 2 address proofs, but the person at the first counter had already collected the fees and issued receipt, so there was little they could do, but approve the application.
~ Rohit

5/19/2011 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger mahboob said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/20/2011 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger mahboob said...

hi rohit, That's a very good tip and I am sure a lot of people will be benefited from this. Was not aware account in a nationalized bank could do the trick. Thanks a lot for sharing the same and congrats on the passport.

mahboob

5/20/2011 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mahboob, thanks for the nice info. me & my wife, both has valid passport but neither of ours has other's name mentioned as spouse. So, will the process remain same or do i need to first have the my name mentioned on my wife's passport and then apply for my son, who is 4months old now.

Also, if i change the details on my wife's passport, will they give all together new passport?? because she has h4 stamped on her current passport??
your answers will be a starting point for me for the quest of my son's passport.
--Rukmini Kumar

12/11/2011 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger mahboob said...

Hi Rukmini,
It's not a mandate I suppose to have your spouse name in your passport or vice verse but its better to have your name in your wife's passport. She will not get a new passport, there are few blank pages in the front so the information will go there. Read some of the answers "one by Rohit" is also good for address proof. You can start off with your sons passport but I guess the no of documents required would be more. Let me know how it went.

Regards,
Mahboob

12/15/2011 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Rukmini Kumar said...

Hi, i'm updating with my recent experience, eventhough i asked for your suggestions 8months back, finally i speed up the process last week. For Minors, endorsement of Spouse name on either of parents passport is mandatory
First registerd online (https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/user/userLogin) to have ARN and took appointment and went to Belandur PSK with Annexure H, Birth Certificate, HDFC bank statement for me n my wife for last one year. Passport copies of mine n my wife's. Only because neither of us have spouse name endorsed they sent back.
BTW, lalbagh PSK slots are mainly taken with in 5mins. Slots are open 36hrs in advance. For Wednesday slots, it will open on monday 6pm. and in 5mins all 1200 slots are open, guess what, its touts. I continuously tried for 1 week but in vain. So finally i approached one of touts, i got both the appointments, one for my son and one for my wife without any hassel (other than losing 1.5k to him).
First 9.45 appointment was for my wife and 11.45 appointment was for my son, these timings are scheduled by "him", so that by the time for my son's slot, my wife's work is complete. But when we went, we mentioned that we are doing for my son also and its later, then they took it as a priority basis and they sent both the applications to same counter(s).
Over all experience is good other than slot booking
IMHO, compared Belandur (maintained by TCS) lalbagh PSK (maintained by CMC or CMS) is good. Lalbagh is more organized & more spacious.
Here are the docs we submitted.
for my wife
1. Address Proof: 1yrs HDFC Bank statement
2. Affadavit (annexure D)
3. Old Passport xerox
4. fee payed 1k
for my son
1.Birth Certificate
2. My HDFC 1yr bank statement
3. Annexure H
4. Parents passport
5. fee paid 600/-

Thats it voila... now fingers crossed for receiving the passports.

Hope this may be useful!!

8/13/2012 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger mahboob said...

Congrats to you Rukmini.
I am sure the comments will benifit many. Thanks!

8/14/2012 02:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home