Time Check:
Thankyou for visiting my blog.
Do visit my blog space in few days.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

CLASSIC SONGS – Relive the moment in movies

There are many songs, which were huge hits when they were first released but forgotten but certain movies have made those songs and their musicians relive their forgotten glory.




I am listing a few, which I came across. This listing is not in any specific order and I love all of them. Please do share your favorites and add on to the list by adding comments to it. I would love to listen to any new song I come across.


1. Who’s gonna drive you home by The Cars from the movie Transformers – An unlikely movie to have this song as the movie is all about robot invasion. I feel the song is damn romantic with a soft tune to it. Youtube link

15. It must been love by Roxette from the movie Pretty Woman. It’s a classic,the movie as well as the song. Youtube link







3. It's Not Goodbye by Laura Pausini from the movie Sweet November. She hails from Italy and has got a soulful and a much heavier voice then most of her female contemporaries, which make’s her stand out as a unique singer. Youtube link



4. Tomorrow never dies by Sheryl Crow from the movie Tomorrow never dies. She has performed this song with such elan and poise that at times I feel no other artist could do justice to this song as she did. Youtube link

5. Sinnerman by Nina Simone from the movie The Thomas crown Affair . When I listen to this song I feel something exciting is about to happen. Her voice is unique and I love it. Shortly after this I realized there was another “The Thomas Crown Affair” released in 1968 starring Faye Dunaway and Steve McQueen. I so want to watch the older Thomas Crown movie but I haven’t got hold of the movie yet. Youtube link

6. Everything (... is never quite enough) by Wasis Diop from the movie The Thomas Crown Affair. Wasis Diop is an African singer from Senegal who later moved to France. Listening to this song, I just can’t help imagine myself in a mountain facing the sea and wind caressing me. I believe the song would be categorized under African pop genre. mp3 link

7. Time of my life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from the movie Dirty Dancing. A great song by itself and an awesome dance performance by Petrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray. This song rightfully picked up the Grammy in 1987. [Read more trivia about this song] Youtube link

8. My Sharona by The Knack from the movie Reality Bites. This song is a rock and roll, a foot tapping number and the best song by far by Knack. Youtube link



9. Every thing I do I do it for you by Bryan Adams from the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. This song is a record holder for the longest time spent at no.1 in the charts in many countries like UK, US, France etc. In UK it stayed for like 16 weeks. I don’t have to say anything about this guy. He is a true rock star and music would be incomplete without him. Youtube link

10. Have you ever loved a woman by Bryan Adams from the movie Don Jaun DeMarco. You can definitely feel the Spanish touch in this song and it remained number one for 5 weeks. It has very soulful lyrics. Chris Daughtry performed this song during the American Idol competition and he rightfully quoted the song “It’s got all the elements of a great love song”. Youtube link

11. What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong from the movie Madagascar. No matter what I say it will not be enough to praise this song. It’s a masterpiece from a legend. He was an American jazz trumpeter and singer. In 60’s when jazz was at its peak, Louis was right there at the top. His voice is most distinctive and you should see him singing. If we ever compile the greatest collection of all times, it would be incomplete without this number. Youtube link.


12. You sexy thing by Hot Chocolate from the movie The full Monty. It was written by Hot Chocolate lead singer Errol Brown. It was a huge hit in the 70’s and it always sounds good whenever I listen to it. Youtube link



13. Staying Alive by Bee Gees from the movie Saturday night fever staring John Travolta. Disco was all that dominated at that point of time and this song just created hysteria amongst its listeners. It’s is a forever classic and whether you love disco or not you would love this song. At the same time I cannot leave out any of the songs sang by Bee Gees for Saturday Night fever which are: How deep is your love, More than a woman, Night Fever. Staying alive (Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I’m a woman’ man; no time to talk… that’s how it goes), this song was all over the charts back then. This album was certified 15x Platinum. Staying Alive, How deep is your love, More than a woman, Night fever

14. You’re the one that I want by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John from the movie Grease. This compilation is incomplete without this song. Youtube link





15. You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine by Lou Rawls from the movie Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. His voice was smooth as silk and he could sing effortlessly. Youtube link




16. Baby, I love your way by Big Mountain from the movie Reality Bites. Big Mountain redefined Reggae and put more popish tune to it. It's still so refreshing to listen to songs like Baby, I love your way, Sweet Sensual Love, I would find a way etc etc. It put Reggae into perspective for me. I also listened to UB 40, Bob Marley but I have to admit, for Reggae I go more on a song by song basis than on a group basis, effectively it means I am not a big fan of Reggae but there are few songs, which are right there at the top of my favourate play list. Youtube Link

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home