Time Check:
Thankyou for visiting my blog.
Do visit my blog space in few days.

Monday, June 19, 2006

What were they thinking?


The world of soap operas, filled with romance, tears, passion, intrigue, drama.... ok i think its enough. Its basically pain in the a** especially with it's never-ending storyline. To add on to it, it’s pathetically preposterous and annoying. The one thing that reminds me when I talk of soap operas is definitely “The Bold and the Beautiful”. It has been there from ages and it seems like it’s going to last for generations to come. I remember viewing it sometimes when I was in class six not sure though. I used to watch it for its hot and sensuous kisses. I guess even the producers don’t know where the story is heading and somehow I pity the actors of that soap opera. I think now the characters personify more with the factious characters they are playing rather than their own in real life.

Talk about Hindi soap operas… “saas bhi bahu” type serials with its trademark style of closing up a face from all 4 direction to intensify the heat. Feels like dogging bullets in my head…no wait… their head would be a better option. Also somebody, tell the producers of LOLA KUTTY to stop it immediately. It’s pathetic beyond imagination. I mean what were they thinking?

4 Comments:

Blogger Nihar Ashish said...

Good insight. But don't forget that there're viewers who force these kinda serials to be aired. If a serial doesn't get the desired TRP's, It'll be off air within a few months.

There're many (Yes - MANY) people who watch these kinda soaps religiously. Unless there's a change in 'their' mindsets, these soaps will continue indefinitely.

6/19/2006 05:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaa.My reason for watching the serials was same as u mentioned.when we were in school the only reason to watch these serials was some gud kisses and never tried to understand wats goin on in the story line.I never watch star plus saas bahus serials.

6/19/2006 10:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lola kutty is funny. Fact.
You might not like it but hey.. freedom of speech right?

12/07/2006 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Fardeen said...

well said. this topic reminds me of a piece i once wrote, when i was in my 12th(wrote it for the assam tribune,but never got the guts to send it!)it was titled " Sarees and Conspiracies". daily soaps r the most effective soaps to wash of ur brain cleanly out of the head!!! but the truth is that people r ready to wash it off happily, thats how they entertain their tiny brains!!

4/14/2007 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home